There are several things you should do to keep your cows happy in the hot
summer months in Phoenis, Mesa, Gilbert, Queen Creek and the surrounding
Valley of the Sun in Arizona.
- Cows need more nutrition in the hot summer. However, cows can’t eat as
much because of the heat
- Feed them smaller amounts more frequently. Try three meals a day instead of two.
- Fresh, clean water is important. Cows usually drink around six to twelve
quarts of water per day during a hot summer
- If you cow has scours it might need as much as twenty quarts a day
- With plenty of fresh water, they will eat more starter grain for you.
- Sunny days are nice for cows, but not all day. Cows like shade as well.
They also enjoy a fan near them to cool down.
If you have any questions on how to help me be healthy and happy during these hot months, please talk to your veterinarian. They will love to help you with all your questions!
Phone: (480) 899-5088
Emergency Phone: (602) 513-0390
HHM Request Form
Fax: (480) 963-3107
Herd Health Management
170 S William Dillard Dr #114
Gilbert, AZ 85233
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
24 Hour Emergency Service